This position is directly responsible for supervising and developing non-competitive coaches. This position also requires the individual to coach within our recreation classes and the interclub program. The role works with our administrative team to ensure the professional delivery of all our non-competitive programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Supervise “gym floor” during peak recreation and interclub times
• Provide mentorship/training to Recreation Coaches
• Provide mentorship/training to Interclub Coaches
• Work with the Coordinator Recreation & Interclub to schedule coaches
• Approve any changes to staffing schedule (i.e. trading shifts)
• Develop lesson plans and rotations
• Work with Interclub coaches to develop routines
• Approve coaches’ hours
• Coach classes as agreed with the Executive Director
• Provide emergency coach cover for classes
• Liaise with WAG Head and MAG Head Coach to develop floor rotation schedule
• Audit programs and develop new programs based on demand
• Monitor the performance of all Recreation and Interclub coaches
• Supervise and instruct coaches enrolled in Coach in Training (CIT) Program
• Complete annual performance reviews for Recreation and Interclub coaches
• Identify equipment and other resources required for the successful delivery of programs
• Assist with the organization of club events (mini-meets, program events, North Shore Invitational, etc.)
• Work with Coordinator, Recreation/Interclub to ensure high program quality
• Observes students during practice and competition to help determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
• Establishes and maintains professionalism while supervising students and coaches during practice and meets.
• May meet with parents as necessary regarding the performance and behavior of students.
• Develops and sustains positive relationships with participants and coaches, and provides motivational support and guidance.
• Fulfills any functions designated by the Executive Director for the betterment of the program and to support the ability of Flicka Gymnastics Club to meet its mission/vision.
• Develop the “Home School” program in consultation with the Coordinator, Recreation and Interclub
• A desire to make a difference to the lives of gymnasts in our local community.
• Excellent organizational and communication skill
• A passion for Gymnastics
• National Coaches Certification – Level 2 or equivalent
• Superior relationship building and communication skills
• Dependable, reliable, committed and professional
• Must be available evenings and weekends
Other regulatory items needed prior to commencing employment
• Police Record Check
• Current First Aid Certification & CPR
• Respect in Sport and Making Ethical Decisions Modules from NCCP
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Flicka Gymnastics Club
123 East 23rd Street
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada, V7L 3E2